Appita was formed in 1946 with the first Annual General Meeting and technical conference held in March 1947 in Melbourne. The association has continued to support and represent the pulp and paper industry in Australia and New Zealand, providing member organisations with tools and opportunities to showcase their products and services, as well as evolve to face the challenges of an ever changing and dynamic sector. WEBSITE
Appita’s mission is to:
• advance and promote innovation and manufacturing best practice across the forest products, pulp, paper and packaging value chain, including new biomass-derived products.
• To lead the development and transfer of technical information and best practices fundamental to the industry.
• To develop and support programs to encourage the growth of a diverse, well-prepared pool of industry professionals.
• To build strong relationships with industry stakeholders across the supply chain
• To drive the interchange of information across the industry supply chain through effective networking.
This is achieved this through organised seminars, forums, conferences, special interest groups, and publications to the industry, such as our quarterly Appita TIME magazine, our monthly e-Newsletter and our new online publication Seventeen22.
This year Appita celebrates its 70th anniversary in the industry, and to mark this milestone, throughout the year past technical papers will be published in the Appita TIME magazine spanning the 7 decades. The highlight of this year being the 2017 Fibre Value Chain Conference in November.
For additional information on our association, please visit our website www.appita.com