THE THAI PULP AND PAPER INDUSTRIES ASSOCIATION (TPPIA)
The Thai Pulp and Paper Industries Association (TPPIA) was founded in 1976 to develop the overall state of Thai pulp and paper industry to a world-class standard. The Association serves as a core of cooperation between pulp and paper manufacturers and other stakeholders for the industry’s opinions, the development of production technology and the enhancement of environmentally friendly standards of Thai pulp and paper products.
Pulp and Paper Industries are relatively relevant to Packaging, Printing and many other industries as an upstream of the supply chain. Thai paper products are well regarded on its capability to manufacture quality paper and packaging and its ability to address the wide ranges of industrial needs and applications.
Appita was formed in 1946 with the first Annual General Meeting and technical conference held in March 1947 in Melbourne. The association has continued to support and represent the pulp and paper industry in Australia and New Zealand, providing member organisations with tools and opportunities to showcase their products and services, as well as evolve to face the challenges of an ever changing and dynamic sector.
Appita’s mission is to:
• advance and promote innovation and manufacturing best practice across the forest products, pulp, paper and packaging value chain, including new biomass-derived products.
• To lead the development and transfer of technical information and best practices fundamental to the industry.
• To develop and support programs to encourage the growth of a diverse, well-prepared pool of industry professionals.
• To build strong relationships with industry stakeholders across the supply chain
• To drive the interchange of information across the industry supply chain through effective networking.
This is achieved this through organised seminars, forums, conferences, special interest groups, and publications to the industry, such as our quarterly Appita TIME magazine, our monthly e-Newsletter and our new online publication Seventeen22.
This year Appita celebrates its 70th anniversary in the industry, and to mark this milestone, throughout the year past technical papers will be published in the Appita TIME magazine spanning the 7 decades. The highlight of this year being the 2017 Fibre Value Chain Conference in November.
For additional information on our association, please visit our website www.appita.com
ASOSIASI PULP DAN KERTAS INDONESIA (APKI)
The Association of Indonesia Pulp and Paper Industries was set up in 1969 as a platform of Indonesia pulp and paper industry, to championing their achievements and benefits of doing sustainable pulp and paper industries while also improving their competitiveness.
CHINESE TAIPEI PAPER INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION (CTPIA)
Chinese Taipei Paper industry Association (CTPIA) was established with twenty member mills in September 1947. With Taiwan’s economic development, member mills increased year by year and got to the highest level at 168 member mills in 1980. There are a total of 77 member mills currently.
CTPIA is responsible to conduct exchange of information amongst members, collection and publication of industrial statistics of domestic market, research for industry-related issues, training courses or conference, publicity activities, and liaison with other organizations domestically and internationally.
INDIAN AGRO & RECYCLED PAPER MILLS ASSOCIATION (IARPMA)
Indian Agro & Recycled Paper Mills Association (IARPMA), an apex body of Non-Conventional Raw materials based paper mills in the country manufacturing paper from agro residues such as, Wheat Straw, Rice Straw, Bagasse, Sarkanda, Jute and Waste Paper etc., contributing almost 70% of the total paper production in the country.
IARPMA is an industry Association with difference. In addition to its being an effective link source with the industry and government, has organized itself to carry out various developmental activities to bring the Indian Paper Industry at par with the international standard. The basic aim of the Association through its built-in infrastructure is to increase the knowledge and strengthen the industry to compete in the international market under the WTO regime.
Focused activities of the Association
Co-ordination & liaison : Provides common platform and interact as an effective link between industry and Govt., Media, Associations, Business Associates
Marketing : Provides a platform for smooth co-ordination, healthy interaction and facilitate exchange of market information among member mills.
Business Promotion : Identifying and Studying Potential Areas and Countries for business promotion and liaisons with Embassies and International Bodies.
Exhibition & Conference : Successfully organizing Paperex – International Trade Fair and Conference on Pulp and Paper Industry to be known as world's largest paper show in every alternate year since 1993
IARPMA bringing out the following publications to cater the entire needs of Indian Pulp and paper Industry
• Inpaper International - a Quarterly publication on world pulp and paper industry
• Paper India - a Bi-monthly newsletter on Indian Pulp & Paper Industry
• Inpaper Directory - Detailed information on Paper mills, Suppliers, Consultants & Research Institutes.
Technical Division : Undertakes technical projects in coordination with various ministries and autonomous bodies for growth and promotion of Paper Industry
JAPAN TECHNICAL ASSOCIATION OF THE PULP AND PAPER INDUSTRY
JAPAN TAPPI is the organization composed of pulp and paper scientists, engineers, and managers in industries, governmental institutions and academia.
JAPAN TAPPI was established for the purpose to contribute to the development of the paper industry in Japan and the world as well.
Principles of Japan TAPPI:
1. Provide the value of information exchange and networking opportunities by holding an annual meeting, conferences, seminars and exhibitions.
2. Publish pulping and papermaking textbooks, conference proceedings, dictionary, handbook, test method and patent abstract.
3. Support new technology development by promoting information exchange between industrial, administrative and academic sectors.
4. Contribute to the technology development in the world by promoting international technical exchange.
5.Encourage students, young scientists and engineers in the pulp and paper industry to join JAPAN TAPPI.
6. Contribute to social development through various association activities.
MYANMAR PULP AND PAPER INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION (MPPIA)
Myanmar Pulp and Paper Industry Association (MPPIA) is established in 2011.
MPPIA is incorporated under the Myanmar Companies act and issued by the Government of the Republic of Myanmar, Ministry of National Planning and Economic Development with the Notification no.99/ 2014-2015.
- To upgrade and develop the Pulp and Paper Industry of Myanmar.
- To support the Member Manufacturers for their needs and to upgrade the Productivity.
- To get Technical know how and close Relationship with neighboring Countries Pulp and Paper Association.
- To arrange an Excursion and visit to the Pulp & Paper Factories of Neighboring countries to absorb more knowledges and Technical know how.
- To support and participate in the activities of Industrial Development and SME Development programs.
No. of factories : Over 100 mills
Raw Material : Mainly based on OCC,ONP , Waste Paper.
Products: Corrugating Medium, Test Liner, Tissue Paper, Writing Printing Paper and etc.
Export : Straw Pup.
MALAYSIA PULP AND PAPER MANUFACTURERS ASSOCIATION (MPPMA)
TECHNICAL ASSOCIATION OF THE PULP AND PAPER INDUSTRY OF SOUTHERN AFRICA (TAPPSA)
TAPPSA (Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry of Southern Africa) covers the entire process chain, from forest to converted product in Southern Africa.
TAPPSA seeks to further the application of the sciences in the pulp, paper and allied industries and provide means for the interchange of ideas upon scientific and technical matters affecting the industry.
The quarterly publication, the TAPPSA Journal, serves the pulp, paper and related industries in sub-Saharan African and is read by process engineers, mill managers, forestry managers as well as other decision makers involved in the industry. TAPPSA holds a conference and exhibition every 3 years. The last being held in 2016 and the next one planned for 2019. Visit our website www.tappsa.co.za for more details.